Sarah Gold Nutrition is a virtual private practice and nutrition concierge service. Using the principles of intuitive eating, I help you ditch diets and set in place healthy habits so you can free up brain space to go live your best life. I meet you wherever you are — whether you’re completely new to this concept or have done some of the work to stop dieting but need help along your journey — and support you through the whole process. All nutrition coaching takes place on a HIPAA compliant video platform, so we can meet while you’re in the comfort of your own home, at the office, or waiting in the car at sports pickup — it couldn’t be more convenient for you!
Areas of specialty:
- Non-diet approach to wellness with emphasis on intuitive eating
- Sports nutrition including everyday athletes/weekend warriors and competitive athletes
- Women’s health including prenatal and postpartum nutrition
- Digestive concerns
- Family meals including picky eaters and feeding young kids
You’ve come to the right place if you
- have tried one or more diets and felt like a “failure”
- know what you “should” do to reach your goals but just can’t get there
- are tired of feeling low-energy, always hungry, or out of control around food
- want a practical and sustainable approach to wellness
- feel stuck with your current plan
- aren’t getting as much out of your workouts as you’d like
- have big sports performance goals and need help getting there
Through our work together, you’ll learn to
- ditch the dieting mentality
- give up rigid rules around food
- tune into your hunger and fullness cues
- trust your body to tell you what and how much you need to eat
- use mindful eating practices to get the most out of your meals
- properly fuel your body so you perform your best, whether at work or in the gym
- plan meals that will satisfy you — no cooking skills required
- enjoy the foods you love without feeling out of control around them
How it works
At the initial 60-75 minute session, you will tell me all about yourself including your medical history, current lifestyle, sleep habits, eating habits, exercise routine (if there is one), and how you manage stress. We’ll then discuss your goals and make both a short and long term plan for you.
At each follow up session, we’ll discuss your progress, troubleshoot any roadblocks and continue to develop strategies to help you reach your goals.
All packages include
- One 60-75-minute initial assessment
- Bi-weekly check-ins
- Unlimited e-mail support in between visits
- Short and longterm goal setting with a full written recap following our sessions
- Custom recipe curation via a private Pinterest board (if desired)
- A personalized plan to help you meet your goals
Stock Your Pantry and Fridge for Easy Meals
Learn to stock your pantry and fridge so that you can build quick, easy, healthy meals without hours spent meal planning or following lengthy, complicated recipes. If you’re local to the Boston area, I can come to your home and we will clean out what you have and then build a shopping list together. I’ll also provide a guide to simple meals you can create in minutes.
Not local? No problem, we’ll schedule a video call and create a plan virtually. Contact me for pricing.
Do you and your partner and/or kids want to kick start a healthy lifestyle? Couple or family coaching provides you with a custom program that takes into account everyone’s food preferences, lifestyle, and goals. Contact me for details and pricing.
Sarah Gold Nutrition currently accepts payment via credit card, PayPal or Venmo. She does not accept health insurance, but can provide a medical super bill that can be submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. All reimbursement would be based on out of network coverage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While many of my clients come to me hoping to lose weight, it is not the focus or goal of our sessions. I help my clients create habits that are proven to promote long term health — that includes both mental and physical health — using the framework of intuitive eating. By adopting a healthy lifestyle, your body will find its natural healthy weight, one in which you are able to maintain easily without dieting or restriction. To do this we focus on nourishing your body and mind through self-care practices, which includes choosing foods that help you feel your best, moving regularly, getting enough sleep, managing stress stress, and promoting a healthy mindset.
In our sessions, we will explore any desires for weight loss including where they stem from and how you feel losing weight will change your life. I help my clients develop a healthy relationship with both food and their bodies. Some people lose weight and others don’t. If you’ve been overeating for a period of time, eating to manage your emotions, or gone through a lifestyle change that led to unnatural weight gain, you may be above your natural healthy weight and lose some weight through our work together but it will not be the primary measure of success.
I help many of my clients with meal planning and recipe curation. While I will not be sending you a weekly meal plan or telling you exactly what to eat every day, I will teach you the skill of developing a flexible meal plan that works best for your lifestyle and give you all the tools you need to do this long after we are done working together.
Yes! Many of my clients follow vegetarian, vegan, or other special diets. I tailor all of my recommendations to the individual client and work with people with a variety of dietary needs and preferences.
Sarah Gold Nutrition does not accept health insurance but can provide you with a medical receipt called a superbill to submit for reimbursement through your insurance company. If you have out of network benefits as part of health insurance, you may be able to be reimbursed for part of our fee. To determine whether your insurance will reimburse you, contact them directly and ask the following questions:
Do I have out of network benefits to see a registered dietitian?
If yes, are there any specific diagnosis codes that are covered or not covered?
If yes, what percentage of the fee will you cover?
Do you require any specific paperwork other than a medical superbill for reimbursement?
You may be eligible to use your HSA or FSA funds for our sessions as well. Check with your individual FSA to determine coverage. If you are, a medical superbill should be sufficient for reimbursement.