Summer peaches steal the show in this super simple dessert of grilled peaches with honey ricotta. Caramelized peaches paired with a lightly whipped lemon-honey ricotta are sure to satisfy your sweet-tooth.
Is there anything better than a perfectly juicy summer peach? Ok maybe all of the other summer fruit that I’ve been hoarding like it’s going out of style. I guess it kind of is since stone fruits are really only available for a couple of short months here in the Boston area. Gotta get ’em while you can.
Have you ever noticed how your tastes change with the seasons? I crave all of the warm and comforting foods (including desserts) in the winter and its rare that on a cold January day a piece of fruit will satisfy my dessert craving. But in the summer? I could eat fruit pretty much ALL. DAY.LONG. And my usual after-dinner chocolate cravings are replaced by a desire for something a little lighter.
A quick and easy summer dessert
These peaches are one of our go-to summer desserts when we want something a little special. So, when I saw that this month’s recipe redux was all about the super stone fruit, I knew I had to share these.
These peaches with honey ricotta make a great dessert for a casual Saturday night at home with your family or a dinner party because they really are no fuss. You can make the rictotta ahead of time and then all you have to do when you’re ready for dessert is grill the peaches.
Variations of Grilled Peaches with Honey Rictotta
As with most of my recipes, these are super flexible and you can make them with what you have in your fridge. Here are a few substitutions:
- Instead of peaches: use nectarines, white peaches, plums
- Instead of ricotta: use plain full-fat Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt (for a dairy-free option).
- Lemons: you can use an orange or a Meyer lemon would be delicious if you have one.
- Make it vegan: use coconut yogurt and maple syrup or agave instead of honey
Looking for more summer desserts? Here are a few of my favorites:
Blueberry peach crumble bars – another perfect recipe for summer peaches!
Healthy dark chocolate chia pudding with Meyer lemon yogurt — you can even use the same yogurt/ricotta mixture for both recipes to safe time!
Did you make these Grilled Peaches with Honey Ricotta?
Leave a comment letting me know what you thought about it and rate it in the recipe card below! Save it to your Pinterest board so you can find it later, and don’t forget to share a picture of your creation on instagram and tag me (@sarahgoldnutrition). I love seeing what you’re up to!
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced in half, pit removed
- 1 tsp avocado oil or other neutral flavored oil.
Whipped Honey Ricotta
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Juice and zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tsp honey + more for drizzling
- Fresh chopped mint for serving (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. If you don’t have a grill, you can use the oven broiler (see below). Brush halved peaches with oil. Place peaches on grill flesh side down and grill for about 5 minutes, until softened but still hold shape.
- Whip ricotta with a hand mixer until it has a whipped cream like consistency. Add honey, lemon juice and zest and stir together.
- Add about 1 tbsp of ricotta mixture to each peach. Top with freshly chopped mint and a drizzle of honey, if desired. Serve immediately.
Broiler instructions: heat broiler to high. Place peaches skin side down on a sheet pan. Place under broiler for 2-4 minutes until they are slightly caramelized and browned on top.
Greek yogurt instead of ricotta: You can use Greek yogurt if you prefer. Use whole milk Greek yogurt as the low-fat won't be as creamy and won't whip as well.